Monday, August 23, 2010

We're back!!!

I have actually missed blogging. So much has happened and so much is going to happen soon. Nolan went back to avidly rolling over in the last two days. He also has been saying mama since we left. He started around two weeks ago but he only said it a few times and now he says it non stop! I love it, nick is a little jealous but thats okay he spends all day with me. He did well on the trip. Everyone loved him. I had very little questions about the helmet which was good and bad. I think some were afraid and others just asked and i educated them.

Sleeping was very difficult for Nolan. One of the agreements we made with my mother in law to stay at her house was that the house would have to be kept cool. Most of the time she was fine with it but a few times it was raging hot in the room we stayed in. Several nights he woke up pouring sweat and just crying. So we had to take the helmet off to let him cool off as instructed by our Orthotist. He was so tired on the way home he practically slept the whole way!!

I have some pictures we took of him at his first trip to the zoo and with some of our relatives that I will post later if i get some free time. I start interning this evening so my time becomes even less. It is the first time i will leave nolan for a longer period of time. He will be with daddy and fine but im so sad :( especially now that he calls my name a lot.

We had a physical therapy appt today and it was good and bad news. He is improving but only slightly. He did not want to show off his rolling at all. So now we will go 2-3 times a week for the therapist to work with him as well as home therapy with him still. He will do that for a month and then be reevaluated. She said he will probably go for update appts until he is a year old. They want to make sure he walks on time and etc. He is currently 6 months old but his developmenet is a month behind due to the helmet. That was the part that made me the most sad but i know with hard work we can do it. Since I am currently having a situation with my university and internship, if it doesnt work out it may be a blessing in disguise because my child needs much more attention and he will always come first. I feel a bit defeated like I have not done my job but i know and my husband knows how hard i work to maintain his therapy at home and i barely get a chance to relax so I have to keep reminding myself I am doing the most that i can.

I promise to update more later but Nolan is waiting for me to come play. Im glad to be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment