Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Sorry and thank you!

I am so sorry i missed posting yesterday. It was just one of those days. Nolan is having a hard time with naps and now sleeping during the night is interuppted, plus trying to figure out if he has an ear infection. I think im going to just have to take him to the doctor. Next week is his six month checkup but I dont know if i should wait that long.

Today is a big day in our household. Nolan will be remeasured for the first time ever. I really hope to see an improvement from the 14mm. When we first were diagnosed it was 12 mm but during the 2 week wait to get the helmet it had gotten worse and went to 14mm. So we definately made the right decision. Its a hard decision to make but really it isn't. We all want what is best for our children so we just do it. In the end it really is harder on us then them. Sure, it is a huge adjustment and it is really hard to avoid the looks and glances but you get over that and somedays you just have a bad day.

Thank you for the people who "came out". Elizabeth i knew you'd be one. Michelle & Caro, I know your there too and i appreciate all the love and support. For those girls who came upon my blog I am so glad it is there for you. I felt like I had no one through this process but I had friends pull through for me that had no experience but offered a shoulder or ear. I just decided i want to be a mom who blogs and will post her story to help others. The support groups are great but once you get so many emails it is just easier to post updates in one place. I will post tonight about his progress with the helmet after our appointment.

1 comment: