Thursday, August 5, 2010

Today was refreshing

So we were running errands today and I went in to target to pick up a few things. While i was placing Nolan's carseat in the cart I seen a mom come in with her 3 children. Two were in a stroller and one was by her side. I glanced over and seen a white helmet. I should have went over but instead we both just glanced at each other and did that "hello" nod. As i walked past the food court/starbucks i heard someone say "oh look he has a helmet tooo awww". Now mind you i was walking and heard it come from behind and then i barely heard "should we...i dunno".

Then i heard them get up and start to walk behind me and i thought maybe i should slow down so they can catch up. I just had a feeling they were going to come talk to us and I welcomed it. The husband and wife came up and said their son wore one and we talked about sleeping issues and the husband said hello nolan and he started crying lol. I have to laugh because he does this new stranger thing. He cries when a stranger says hi or anything. Anyways, they made me feel so comfortable and for once i found somebody in person who felt those same things and went through everything we are going through. So i shared his progress and they just couldnt believe it and said it was wonderful. The mom said its the best thing you will ever do you wont regret it. I truly don't. I was so excited after I had to call Nick and tell him I met some people in "real life" who talked to me. Its the little things in life right. He has been his usual self today. He actually pushed on the helmet and arches his back and wiggles so you cannot put the helmet on but mommy and daddy are smarter then that.

No comments:

Post a Comment