Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Helmet Decals

Well they came in and lucky enough for me, my hubby volunteered for this job. It took him about 90 mins to do it. SO yes the helmet was off for an extra 30 mins. The dr said it would be okay so that helps. Im going to try to take some photos tomorrow because N is sleeping right now.

Today was just a normal day. He wasn't overly tired or overly awake. SO all in all this was normal. I on the other hand had several malfunctions with anything electronic. My laptop decided to crash so I am on our desktop and then this morning i had an error on my blackberry that did not allow me to see anything or make a call or anything. I said what is next our tv???

I was talking to my mom tonight who asked me if it was hard to feed the baby while wearing his helmet. I said its been two weeks so I am already adjusted and don't really notice it except when i get hit in the face with it which hurts!! It is definately an adjustment not to feel your baby's head on you but instead a cold hard huge helmet. I think what get's to me the most is not being able to see his eyes without physically moving his head upward. That seems to be the hardest thing for me. When the helmet is off i just stare at those giant blue eyes.

To those who told me everything would be okay, i know that it is but it is a major life adjustment. You have to change the way you do everything. I have switched positions holding him. Which may not seem like anything but when I first did it i was wondering why that arm was so sore, duhhh!!! I also have to change the way I lay him on the changing pad and just carrying him. Cleaning the helmet and monitoring his body temp along with making sure zero moisture gets in there. This is insane!!! Since my baby is an Acid Reflux baby there is bound to be spit up and straight up it happens every time he eats.

On a funny note completely unrelated to Plagio, i have been reading to him twice a day and he cracks up laughing and Im not even doing any funny voices!!! I love it but it just cracks me up to think what is he laughing at.

No comments:

Post a Comment