Saturday, August 28, 2010

My apologies

I have been so ill and back and forth with Nolan and starting my internship that I just slipped.
Nolan had an adjustment and now is down to 4 mm!!!!! We could not be any prouder!!! He lost 10 mm is just 6.5 weeks!! We are so proud of him. He will continue with the helmet for the next month and be reevaluated again. He needs to be sitting unassisted in order to remove the helmet. We are working with his physical therapist in order to do this.

He is a month behind in motor skills but the physical therapist said not to worry with therapy he will be right back where he needs to be. His head looks amazing and i just adore seeing it every night at bath time.

We also went to the pediatric eye surgeon and he does not need eye surgery. I knew the dr was wrong because she was brand new and seen Nolan when he was exhausted so of course his eye was going to droop. Anyways he has a stigmatism in each eye. He is farsighted in his left eye just like his mama. he does not need glasses but she said at some point in school he may. They will check on him once a year until he is in school to make sure his vision remains the same. Im glad he doesnt need glasses because honestly I cannot handle it. I feel like the smallest thing could break me right now. I have so much going on and feel completely overwhelmed. Now i know glasses are not the end of the world and I wear some part time, however when you already do at home therapy, take him to therapy, and deal with his helmet plus intern and do homework and take care of a house! Phew!!! No wonder im so tired and sick lately. I hope to get back to normal with this. I will probably start to update during the day because i intern in the evenings. sorry again for the delay!

No comments:

Post a Comment